Sunday, September 15, 2013

Food Blog Update: Kappou Gomi







Hungry yet? Or dareIsay...jealous yet?? I went to this Japanese restaurant with my mum last week, and I was really excited about it because it served real Japanese food. Not your typical fare of crunchy rolls, teriyaki chicken, bento combination boxes with salad and miso dressing- but true dishes (some homecooked fare, and some restaurant staples). I admit I've turned a bit snobbish about food after my trips to Japan and have been avoiding fanciful sushi rolls like the plague, so this was like finding a treasure.

Food-wise, it was alright. The seafood steamed egg custard pictured above was the star of the show- it was so addicting, I would have been content to eat only that and order 10 of them. I really loved their ochazuke too! Price-wise, it's kinda expensive (I only had no qualms about it because I was treating my mum...and the bill came out to $110 with tips), but then again, I ordered 8 dishes and was positively stuffed at the end! Service-wise....I only wished I didn't have that chubby waitress, who was the most horrendous server I've ever encountered, rude and unhelpful. I envied all the other patrons who had the warm and polite Japanese waitresses...but no ranting here (I saved it on the food blog). If you're interested in taking out your best friend/boyfriend/family on a treat, click here!

2 comments:

  1. Hi:
    When I read your post, I thought about Mistura that I went yesterday. You can see it here: mistura.pe . I hope you like it.

    See ya

    Bure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I looked up the url you linked to, but it's in Spanish! I can't read it, lol

      Delete