Saturday, May 26, 2012

I feel like I'm in college studying for exams again...

Meaning...I find every moment to procrastinate to keep myself from studying.  After hours of plowing through IP material (and I'm still in the middle of this one book), I still don't have a good grasp on it.  I've been reading through IP laws, IP valuation, intangible asset creation, IP laws in Japan, The Bayh-Dole Act, IP case studies in America, brand equity and IP relationships.   All these IP signs are floating in my mind, and I have to hurry and absorb and assimilate it by Monday to make it seem like I'm knowledgeable about IP and patents and rights for years and not just spewing out knowledge absorbed from reading nonstop about it for 3 days.  Ok, maybe 2 days...or 1 full day if I keep procrastinating like this.

I swear, all this job-hunting and preparing will have gained by 5 pounds by the time I'm done with it (and I hope to be done with it soon).  I have the tendency to eat nonstop while reading or studying anything remotely academic...and all of it is super fat food (like the 2lb bag of almonds I'm munching on right now).  Sometimes I wonder what I'm even doing.  I should really get back to reading soon; I have a feeling that if I go to sleep tonight, I'll dream about IP related stuff.  *shudders in horror*

So Mr. IP, you better get interesting fast and soon, and in a way simple enough for me to understand before I throw you out the door and head into the interview with absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.  I wish there were audio-books for these type of things.  Preferably done by a narrator who has a sexy voice...like Yusa Kouji or Hirakawa Daisuke.  Except they wouldn't be speaking to me in English, so that may be a problem since everything I'm reading about right now is so technical and difficult to understand already.  Ok, Hirakawa Daisuke lecturing it to me in English, even if it's in an adorkable Japanese accent...well, at least a girl can dream.  I think all seiyuu should start recording for textbooks.  It'll greatly enhance the learning process for students.  Imagine Luffy from One Piece reading to you!  Or Panda from Shirokuma Cafe.  Anyways, I guess I should stop writing this and go back to tackling IP.  Here I go!

10 comments:

  1. XD Whisperpups, you're too adorable!

    At least you're eating almonds! That's awesome! Keep on munching on those anti-oxidanty trek mixes. I lived on those throughout college. Cantaloupe and tea is good too if you're worried about gaining weight. They'll help reduce belly fat (if you're worried about that), plus they've got such great benefits... OH! Avocados! Cut it in half and eat it with a bit of lime and salt. YUM!!! High in potassium and HDL! Woot!

    Fit in like 5 small pieces of 72% chocolate too... give you a bit of a kick.

    And edamame... mmmmm... edamame... *gasp. Hummus and pita! Orange slices (citrus keeps you awake!) Cuties! Tangelos... Brie... Oh man... I miss college study food... and now I'm hungry when I should be sleeping...

    Good luck, Whisperpuppies! You can do it! POWER UPPU!! *huggles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I can eat like you too! But I'm the type who gains every single bit of weight for everything I eat...which is unfortunate.

      Delete
  2. good luck with your interview :) i'm sure you'll sail through it :) by the way, are you doing law in uni?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I was a business major. It's just that the firm I'm applying to deals with a lot of patents and technical works...so I'm supposed to either have a scientific background (which I don't), or have knowledge and interest in IP law

      Delete
    2. Me too. I studied business and have been working for a few years already..... This kinda reminds me back then when i prepared for my job interviews..... lots of research about the companies i applied into.... Anyways, i wish you best of luck for your interview =D I'd love to hear great news from you =D

      Delete
    3. Thank you! I hope I can post great news in the near future too...job searching is so depressing and tiring.

      Delete
    4. Yeah, I totally understand how you feel since i was also in the same situation as well...... sometimes we just need to be patient and a bit of luck i guess, and do the homework before going for an interview :)... Anyways, did you interview go well?

      Delete
  3. I remember my first interview and I have to study about the company as well. I'm a management graduate :) I feel for you! When I study I tend to eat too! -a lot! Then I regret it... a lot! Oh well, as long as it gives positive results >:) Good luck on your interview! Gambatte! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's in less than an hour, and I'm freaked...like what if I didn't prepare enough and they're not looking for those answers. I'm on pins and needles now.

      Delete
    2. I think I'm in the same position as you now :| I will have an interview within the week, which is unexpected, and I'm scheduled for an out of the country vacation and I don't know if I'll have the time to study :\

      Anyway, how did it go? :)

      Delete