Friday, May 25, 2012

Hapi Mari novel: Update 8


Not a terribly long update, but I figured it would be better for me to post it first instead of keeping it stuck in my computer for ages.  I had originally wanted to make sure it covered at least one chapter...but I guess it's not happening for a while since I'm stuck reading about IP valuation books for my next interview.  

Chirp, chirp, chirp—Ah, I can hear the twitters of the birds outside.  Is it already morning…?  I rub my half-closed eyes as I sluggishly get up.  The rays from the sun are so bright that they almost hurt my sleepy eyes.  Just what you would expect of the tropics.  I yawn and look at the neighboring bed to find it empty.  The sheets are messy, so Hokuto must have slept there last night.  The beds may have been twin-sized, but they were very wide.  I really wanted to sleep together with him.  I wonder where he went?  Perhaps the living room?  I move to get off the bed when I notice something out of place.

“..Eh?”

It’s my clothes.  Why am I wearing a bathrobe?  I’m sure this is the one the villa provided us with.  It’s amazingly comfortable, but why don’t I remember changing into it?  Wasn’t I wearing the new dress Hokuto bought for me…?  I begin to dig through my murky memories when I suddenly realize…I don’t remember any of it.  None of what happened after dinner…did I possibly…?

I run to the bathroom to look in the mirror.  Kyaa, my face!  My makeup has completely disintegrated, and I don’t know whether it’s because I rubbed my eyes earlier, but my mascara has turned runny and I look like a panda.  I knew it.  I didn’t take off my makeup nor showered before sleeping last night.  I remember all the events until drinking that delicious wine, so I must have been quite pissed after that.  Hnn?  That must mean Hokuto carried me back here and changed me out of the dress after.  I open my bathrobe to find that I’m wearing different underwear as well.

“Oh my god!”

I can’t believe I fell asleep in the middle of such a romantic evening!  And he even had to change my underwear for me!  Oh Hokuto, I wish you had slapped me awake instead of going all the way to do something so embarrassing.  I hate myself.  I instantly pale when his grumpy expression floats up to mind.  Did he get so exasperated by me that he went off somewhere by himself?

“Hokuto?!”

I rush to the living room, but he isn’t there.  He isn’t in the other bedroom or the pool either.  What should I do?  I am about to call him when I remember that my phone can’t be used oveerseas.  I start to panic when the phone inside the villa rings.  I jump up and snatch it off the receiver.

“Hokuto?!”

“…My apologies, Mrs. Mamiya,” our caretaker Cindy-san says awkwardly after a pause. 

I redden at my mistake and hurriedly say in a more amicable voice, “Ah, Cindy-san.  Good morning.”

“Is there something wrong with Mr. Mamiya?”

“No, it’s just that I didn’t find him here when I woke up…”

“Mr. Mamiya had gone out fishing early this morning.”

“Fishing?”

That’s right, Hokuto grew up in a port town.  This island seems perfect for fishing.

“He should have told me then.  He really needs to learn his manners.”

“I think he wanted to let you sleep in.  He told me to check up on whether you’ve awaken yet, and if so, to bring you your breakfast.”

“Hokuto did?”  I blink my eyes in surprise.  Is he not mad about last night anymore?

“Should I bring your breakfast over now?”

“Ah, yes please.”

After placing the phone back on the receiver, I head straight for the bathroom.  I take a speedy shower and change into my newly bought clothes.  I go for a casual look with a cami-tunic and capris.  Well, as casual as you can be in ridiculously expensive clothes.  As I reapply my makeup, the intercom rings again.  I open the door to find Cindy-san ready with a breakfast cart.  She looks even more beautiful in the day, but her beautiful face stiffens when she sees me.

“Sorry to have kept you waiting,” Cindy  says with a smile as she lowers her eyes.  It may be just my imagination, but she seems to be blushing.

“Cindy-san?”

“Ah, yes…”

“Is there something on my face?”

“Ah, not your face…” Cindy says apologetically and steals a glance at my chest.  “Have you not noticed yet?  It’s…”

She trails off at the end.  Is it possibly because she isn’t sure how to say it in Japanese?  I follow her gaze and jump at what I see.

“What’s this?!”

There peeking out of my cami-tunic is a bold reddish bruise.  I might have shouted ‘What’s this’, but anyone can tell by looking that it’s a hickey!  If I haven’t any memories as to what it’s doing there, it must mean that Hokuto gave it to me while I was sleeping.

That idiot, pervert, hentai!  I was at fault too for being heavily intoxicated, but to play pranks on me like this is just unbelievable!  I pull up my tunic as I continue to yell at him inside my head.  I do my best to keep a smile, but my face must have been twitching.

“Umm…I’m terribly sorry Mrs. Mamiya.”

“No, no.  You haven’t done anything you need to apologize for.  It’s Hokuto who’s at fault.  Besides that, breakfast looks really yummy!”  I forcibly change the topic.

Cindy sighs with relief as she begins to set up my breakfast.  Soon the table becomes filled with colorful plates of food.  There’s brioche, croissants, a selection of cold-cuts, and fresh tropical fruit.  The just-made omelet smells amazing.

“Delicious!” I glow as I take a sip of the freshly-squeezed juice. 

My appetite must have awakened for I suddenly find myself really hungry.  Then again, I didn’t eat anything besides the appetizers before I got drunk last night.  I felt really thirsty for some reason when I woke up too. 

“…Ahh…”

“Is there something wrong?”

“Uhh, nope!  Nothing wrong!”

I’ve just suddenly figured out the reason for my thirst.  Just how much did I perspire last night…I hope I don’t blurt out anything weird.  Determined not to dwell on the subject anymore, I concentrate on eating and wipe my plate clean in seconds.  I savor the coffee after my meal as I finally gather my wits.

Gochisousama deshita, it was delicious.  Although I do wish Hokuto was here to eat it with me…”

“Mrs. Mamiya,” Cindy interrupts her beautiful black eyes gaze out the window.

“It seems Mr. Mamiya has returned.”

“Eh?”

I stand with a start and caught a glimpse of black hair passing between the plants lined outside the villa.  Without waiting for him to ring, I ran to the entrance and threw open the door.

“Welcome back, Hokuto!”

“…I’m back.”

Hokuto seems a bit startled at my sudden greeting.  I see that he’s wearing a loosely-fitted t-shirt and water resistant shorts.  I wonder if it’s special gear for fishing?  My heart starts racing mildly at the sight of him, since it’s not often he’s in casual wear.

“What, I didn’t know you were so lonely that you had to jump out to greet me.”

“That’s because you left me all alone.”

“And looking like that too,” Hokuto ignores my jab and points cheekily at my chest.

“Whose fault do you think it is?!” I irritatedly shot back as I move to cover the hickey.  But before I could, Hokuto reaches out and takes the necklace into his hands.  The present he gave to me a second time.

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha! It's so funny when Chiwa notice the hickey on her chest and called Hokuto hentai. Thank you so much for your works.

    I just take a break from doing my assignment and your blog become a great refreshment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the update!Really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. XD

    Whisperpups, you just turned me into a happy panda.

    Thank you so much for a nice way to ease into the weekend. Good luck on your other interviews! I can't wait to see your "I GOT A JOB" update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update whisperpuppies :) The hickey part is so funny. Probably Chiwa and Hokuto made love but Chiwa has forgotten all about it because she was drunk.

    Good luck on your interview! Gambatte! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank yoou WP!!! This is like the perfect couple. Wouldn't it be nice if I could do that with my hubby:) I hope that day to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this...

    I just started reading this novel and it got me totally hooked on it!
    Most of all, I like the Hokuto's point of view part. I want more of his side...
    Oh please (*fingers cross*) that there will be more of his side then..>.<

    ReplyDelete
  7. please update this....please
    im not Japanese and i don't know how to get this novel so im counting on u to update so i can read what happens next.
    PLEASE :)

    ReplyDelete