Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hapi Mari Chapter 39 Spoiler


Ok, I'm totally not done with translating, but it's late and since I am probably going to post something of a similar length of a spoiler anyways, I decided to go ahead and do it first.  Again, I'll only send out the full summary to Minchi for bxsmanga, because she's the one who sends me the raws every month.  I respect her for all the hard work she has done, and I feel lucky being able to read it first hand (I'm predominantly a fan, a translator second).  I will finish translating summary tomorrow, so it may take a little longer for Minchi to update it.  Remember, no badgering her!


Picking up from the last chapter, Hokuto enters the Mamiya household to save Chiwa from being dragged out.  He smiles down at her shocked expression and says, “Sheez, you’re reckless as usual.  I didn’t think I would see you here.  I’m glad you’re as peppy as ever.”

The Mamiya relatives, especially grandpa, are stunned by Hokuto’s appearance while Chiwa continues to look at Hokuto in disbelief.  “Is that really him?” she thinks.

Souma, who has appeared by Hokuto’s side, explains, “I’ve received contact from Hokuto-sama a few days ago, but I was told to keep quiet since he doesn’t want anyone to interfere with the events today.”

Hokuto calmly begins, “Well then, I really had wanted to take this slowly, but if I can’t just go home without realizing my goal.  My goal of finally settling the problem I’ve struggled with for twenty years.  What Chiwa said just now was the truth.  I wanted to find my mother’s murderer by climbing to the very top of the company.  And what’s irritating was that investigating from the outside was actually more effective to finding the answer than from inside the Mamiya family.  If the mastermind behind this only ran my mother over twenty years ago, I probably wouldn’t have found out.  But thanks to her also going after me and Chiwa, I’ve finally singled the perpetrator out.  The person who plotted everything behind this is present right now, but I have no intention of naming her here.”

Chiwa listens intently, still confused by Hokuto’s appearance.

“What the hell!!  Don’t screw around!” angry cousin butts in.  “There’s probably no such person to begin with!  Isn’t that right?  Who do you think you are?”

Satoru and his wife are also worried that even Hokuto is spouting such nonsense.

“Is it money?  Do you want to threaten us?” angry cousin asks.

“Threaten?  You’re wrong, it’s simply business.  I’ve gambled everything to pin down the perpetrator.  You’ve also staked your everything and come this far, haven’t you?  You also have something you don’t want to lose, right?  It’s the same for me.  I don’t want to lose Chiwa.  That’s why I ask you to back off from us.  I just want to live a normal life with her,” Hokuto states.

To read more, please click here

It amazes me how Hokuto is always so straightforward and ready with his proclamations of love for Chiwa.  I want a husband like that!  Ok, obviously not the leave-me-alone-for-6-months-without-telling-me-where-the-hell-you're-going-after-you-just-promised-to-be-with-me-forever qualities, but everything else seems alright.  And for those who can't take the suspense, the villan is Satoru's mother.  If anyone wants to hammer Enjouji Maki for tying this murder mystery that spanned 39 chapters with such a flat climax, I'm totally with you.  When I skimmed through it, I was like, "WTF??? (*&#@KJHASKDH@)#"  I haven't read her explanations yet, but no matter how good they are, I don't think it justifies anything!  Certainly not 39 chapters of angst all for a stupid unknown, unnamed villan!  

11 comments:

  1. that's it? more! more! thanks much for this spoiler! I'm looking forward for the whole chapter =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I kinda wish souma is the villain... Oh come on!!!! It took 39 chapters to find out who's the villain! At least, let it be someone we know! Thank you so much for your hardwork. I really can't wait to read the complete summary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the hardwork. I can't wait. I bet it's going to be an exciting chapter. (Lucy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure it's anti-climatic, but the story for me isn't about the murder as such, but about the trials chiwa faces being with hokuto. It would have done well if the villain got a proper introduction, but from reading the other mangaka's stories, she isn't good with the shounen-esque storylines, she's more interested in building up the relationships between the main characters. So I'm not disappointed with the spoiler. Anyway thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whisperpuppies the spoiler has been super fast, thank you very much.

    The villain is the mother of Satoru. In chapter 38 on page 39
    When Chiwa makes the charge, a person lowers his head suspiciously has Yukata and I think it's a woman, but only half of his face looks, can it be her?.

    I am thrilled waiting for the summary. Also in the next chapters seem to end in marriage, but is there baby?.
    A very affectionate greeting to all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Hokuto is really romantic at the right time :) Moving on, hmmm, at first when was reading the summary that is pertaining to a woman I thought it was Souma and I was like wtf it can't be her. Thank goodness you said she wasn't. I'm looking forward to the complete summary. thank you for the hard work whisperpuppies :) you're the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhh thanks sooooooooooo much for this spoiler!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE HOKUTO! and i also wish i could have a husband like him.....so jealous of chiwa U__U
    hehe i'm still waiting for the baby! i hope they will reveal who the culprit is soon! I've been on my toes for months now xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your hard work!!! You are truly amazing for me :) I can't wait to read whole summary :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. “Nothing, just relieved. You’re still you. I’ve really come back. Go on, complain as you wish,” Hokuto says as he wraps his arms around her body.

    looooooooooooool. That panel was soooooooooooo cute! I hardly recognize Hokuto! My goodness! His character has come such a long way. He used to be that quiet, brooding type... with a bit of trolling in him... but zOMG! THAT PANEL! He's like a little boy! Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

    Thanks again, Whisperpuppies! This is one awesome belated birthday present. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for doing this story Whisperpuppies this chapter was great along with the rest!!!! It made me feel so warm inside. I'm sad to see it end, but I'm also excited to see the last chapter. So thanks again you are the best!!!!
    P.S. any news on her news series if you know anything can you give me a hint? ANy way have a great day and week!!!!

    ReplyDelete