Monday, April 16, 2012

Hapi Mari Chapter 38 update

As always, because I'm the first one with the summary, I'll post a spoiler and include a link to the full one when Minchi has the time to post it up as well.  For the reasons mentioned on previous posts, I'll not put the whole thing up since Minchi and Shmook have always been kind enough to send me the raws, saving me a trip to the bookstore.  The full summary should be read on bxsmanga, and I want to be respectful to Minchi as well.  She's a very busy person, so please do not pressure her to update!  I love posting spoilers for my readers, but if people badger her, I'll have to stop...and I really don't want to do that.  Anyways, enjoy~~


The cheeky doctor makes his entrance once again in this chapter.  Chiwa mopes at the beginning, mopes a little more in the middle, mopes until page 40 probably  and thankfully stops to gather the courage to confront the murderer issue herself before I throw the chapter down in frustration. (Ok, not throw, since I’m reading on a screen.) Harsh words are exchanged, angry cousins throw more tantrums, and in the end…a special person appears?  On with the summary!

Hokuto has disappeared from Chiwa’s life ever since leaving that morning.  Meanwhile Chiwa is back at her own home, scolding her father for not waking up despite it being the middle of the day.

“Don’t you have work?” he asks.

“Hmm, the company told me to rest since it seems I was going through a tough time.  Guess they’ve caught me out.  Everyone’s concerned,” Chiwa says sheepishly.

“Chiwa…” her father begins with a worried look on his face.

“Hm, what?” she flips around with a smile.

“Nevermind, it’s nothing,” he says.

“You sure?  Well since I’m free anyways, I’m going to weed the garden,” Chiwa replies.

Chiwa reflects back on the events since that day as she starts weeding.  Asahina had dragged her out of the house, saying he had received an email of the story from Hokuto.  After that, Chiwa had personally gone to the public office to check the family registry and found that indeed Hokuto has cut all ties with her.  The bodyguards assigned to Chiwa’s father remains though since the threat of them being targeted does not disappear with divorce. 

She ponders, “If Hokuto had begun this because of his mother’s death, I had begun because I wanted to protect this garden.  But somehow the things I wanted to protect became all related to Hokuto.  The goals he wanted to achieve, my life with him, and his smile.  Father’s letter had taken Hokuto away from our future together.  And I thought I had won already.”

Sweet memories of her times together with Hokuto and the promises he had made her regarding their future flash across her mind, and she pulls the weeds out furiously.

“Liar,” she mutters as she continues to think, “I thought I couldn’t live without Hokuto anymore…What on earth am I doing now?  I’ve lost all the things I want to protect.”

Her reverie is interrupted by Asahina.

“Mamiya!  Ah sorry, I was used to calling you that,” he blusters.

“Asahina-san.  What’re you doing here?  What about work?” she turns around alarmed.

Asahina notices that her hands have become all bloody from weeding. 

“I had something to tell you, and then I had met these two, who told me to look here.  They guided me since the streets here were confusing,” he says.

Grandpa and Souma appear behind Asahina with worried expressions and Chiwa invites them in.

“I didn’t know what to do after that.  Sorry, I know we’re don’t have the kind of relationship anymore where we can just intrude upon you,” grandpa apologizes.

“No, no, please don’t say that,” Chiwa reassures.

Okusama, we’ve deployed all means to look for Hokuto, but we haven’t heard anything back yet,” Souma begins.  (T/N: Okusama is a respectful term to call someone else’s wife.  It’s really hard to translate into English.  Madame or missus didn’t seem quite right to me, and didn’t confer the same meaning, so I decided to leave it as is.)


"Souma-san, I'm not okusama anymore," Chiwa says.

To click the rest, please click here


9 comments:

  1. OMG, thank you so much for the update. Hope to see full update on BXSmanga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god.. Hokuto's gone missing? Thanks so much been waiting for this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you (Lucy).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, a million thanks to you whisperpuppies :) Oh my god, its keeps getting better and better. we are now clearing up the murky and mysterious situations of the mamiya clan. Like Chiwa, sometimes, I just don't understand Hokuto ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. How dare you Hakuto!!!!......why had you leave Chiwa...sob...sob....Whisperpuppies you are the BEST!!!! Thanks a lot.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you, you are my heroine, and completed the translation of this chapter 38, the spoiler has been great, I look forward to the translation complete and the raws in the update of Bxsmanga.
    A greeting with love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you. looking forward to the rest of the update

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS ALOT WHIPERPUPPIES!!! I got this crazy idea that Hokuto and Chiwa have a plan to catch the bad guy or girl. I do not think Hokuto would leave her unprotected. I may be wrong but, he will be back and get the woman he loves!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waaah I wanna know what Hokuto's plan! :s Like how long is he gonna hide or something. And yes, thanks for the summary! :)

    ReplyDelete