Friday, April 6, 2012

Hapi Mari 9th volume

The new cover is out on Petit's website for the ninth volume!  I swear, each successive cover looks sweeter and sweeter, although I would have to say that this is better suited for the novelized version.  The flowers in the bottom left corner look very tropical, perfect for that summer holiday feel of our favorite couple's island vacation.  I can't wait until it becomes available in Kinokuniya over here...I always find myself checking the bookstore's website when I know it probably won't be online in stock until one week after the release date, but hey a girl can hope.  Petit's website also says there's 2 more chapters until the climax for the next issue available in May.  Hmm...I wonder what that means?  Are we actually going to have 41 chapters?

I'm also thinking of whether I should ask for someone to edit my summaries.  Usually I'm too excited to share it once I've finished writing though, and my editor would have to be a really diligent and patient person who can bear with my antics at hurrying them to finish.  So now, I'm hoping really just for my readers to suggest places that can be changed if they catch any.  I am a native English speaker, but I always have moments where I know exactly what that word means, but there's no exact English translation for it to capture the same feel.  Ah, the inefficiencies of the English language... I already have plans to re-edit the whole document at the end to make it flow smoother for the pdf when I finally finish translating.  Yup, you heard right~  I love reading stories in one go really, so I've found myself copying and pasting completed fanfiction into one document like a nerd, saving it into a pdf, and importing it into my ipad so I can re-read things whenever I feel like it.  So I'll make a pdf complete with pictures (at the right places instead of just at the beginning of an update post) at the end.

We're going to be at the half point in the novel in roughly 20 pages (so probably 2 more updates since each chapter is about 10+ pages).  And it'll be back to Chiwa's point of view~  I haven't skimmed further than that to see if we see more of Hokuto's perspective (which, though harder to translate, is very refreshing).  The author considerably switches up her writing style, and it's more mature than Chiwa's thought processes.  I found that she's actually novelized for quite a few titles, including Bokura ga ita and Kyou koi ga hajimemasu.. I've never read either, but I've heard or seen the titles quite often in passing.

Enough blabbing, I wish everyone a Happy Easter!  (For those who celebrate, or just a super weekend~)   

      

7 comments:

  1. No no! Blab some more! I love reading your posts, Whisperpuppies!!

    I already suffered a stroke when I saw the layout update. But after reading these two surprise updates, I've already died and gone to heaven. This is dangerous... too dangerous.

    Oh Whisperpuppies, how you must have suffered. I think I would've fainted countless times if I were to attempt translating this novel (granted, if I knew Japanese).

    Speaking of illegal men and their influence on female hormones, have you watched British period dramas?! Oh how I swoon over brooding Englishmen. :D

    Have a super fantastic weekend! *Leaves a basket of plastic eggs filled with various kinds of chocolates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch telly much, especially not American nor European. But I know what you mean! I used to swoon over Joseph Fiennes (Shakespeare in Love is one of my favorites).Men in tights are pretty hot~

      Delete
  2. thank you for all you do :) Have a happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bokura ga ita is one of my all time fave! Totally hung-up with the series. :) If you have time,, you should try reading it.. Well for Kyou koi ga hajimemasu, the story's okay but I totally find the leading lady annoying. She makes my blood boil at some point or another.. =_=

    Anyway, I hoope you enjoyed your Easter Sunday! Teeceezzz >~<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh oh! I would love to have a copy of that PDF file once you've finished it! Geeezz I am just getting more excited everytime I check your updates! Thanks for the legit hardwork Whisperpuppies! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. The covers are beautiful, I have edited two but a lot of work, if my fatigue I may I would like to edit them all.
    As you say may be 41 chapters, the truth is that very little needed to complete, and is very interesting.
    I think your translation is very good, but I can not help perfecting, because I am Spanish-speaking and English is not very good.

    A very affectionate greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Owww plez post the pdf i cant wait :)

    ReplyDelete