Sunday, June 23, 2013

Rasetsu no Hana


I usually don't gush about new series, rarely picking up new shoujo manga. My weekly read consists of One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto, and then I pick up the monthly chapter of Dear Brother, but not much else. I recently picked up a series called Yukarism by Shiomi Chika, which led me to read her older works, in particular Rasetsu no Hana (already finished).

I didn't have high expectations for it with the exception of pretty art, but started reading anyways. It's about a girl who exorcises evil spirits for the community, and she herself is trapped under the curse of one evil spirit that threatens to take her away with him by her 20th birthday if she doesn't find someone who loves her. Along the way she meets Hoshino Yakou (another exorcist) who mourns for a girl he fell in love with in high school. Each story along the way is about her quest to conquer the curse as well as helping people exorcise evil spirits.

The ending was too sad, and to my surprise I found myself crying a little at the end (for the character pictured in the above cover). No spoilers here, but it's a series I highly recommend. I started reading it in English until chapter 18, and then went to read it in Japanese until the end (because I think that's when the publisher licensed it). You can easily find it online if you look for the raws~

4 comments:

  1. Hi Whisperpuppies!! Where can I find this manga?
    See ya

    Bure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find it online! The first 18 chapters are up on any manga site (like mangahere), and the rest, you'll have to google the raws.

      Delete
  2. Hi...can you tell me what's the ending? Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember much about the ending, except that she ends up with Hoshino. The male character in the cover above died though, even though he was one of the main characters because it turned out he housed the evil spirit that threatened to take away her life. Hope that helps!

      Delete