Friday, June 21, 2013

Food blog update: Doria (Yoshoku) recipe!



Just updated the food blog! This time, it’s with a slightly different post, not a food review, but a recipe! Pictured above is Doria, a Japanese western dish I’ve had in Yokohama that I’ve been craving for ages since I’ve been back in the states. It’s basically a baked rice gratin dish filled with whatever you want (most often it’s chicken but I picked seafood), loads of Bechamel sauce (butter, milk, flour), and topped with loads of cheese.
It’s actually quite difficult to get any type of yoshoku here…all the Japanese joints here serve mostly just bastardized versions of sushi (I cringe at the mention of dragon rolls, lion king, and any other ridiculous name for those American sushi rolls). So I decided to make my own!
The recipe is filled with step by step photographs, since that’s the way I like reading recipes from other blogs. I found out that it’s actually quite difficult to take photos along the way (I kept smudging my brother’s precious DSLR with butter and oily fingers).
I hope you enjoy the recipe! Click here to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment