Sunday, September 23, 2012

I'm 2/3 of the way finished with the book!

What can I say...thank goodness!  It turns out the secret of Hokuto's real father isn't that big of a deal to him at all.  The author doesn't give him a name, just a short description of who he was (a coworker of Hokuto's mother).  Hokuto still thinks that Seiji is more of his father than anyone else was.

On the other hand, the issue with Chiwa's mother hasn't been resolved yet.  She still doesn't like the idea of inviting her mother since her mother had ran away so readily when Chiwa's father fell into debt.  She had once told herself that it didn't matter, that she had neither the strength nor time to hate her mother for she thinks of her mother as just another stranger.  But in the end, the hate lingers.  I'm currently at the part where Hokuto is discussing with her about this.  Hokuto says it's really up to Chiwa to invite her or not, since it is their wedding and no one else's.  But he also reminds her that she had told him once that parents are parents, and there's nothing you can do to break the bond.  It was because of Chiwa's words that Hokuto started talking to Seiji again.

But I'm getting ahead of myself!  So before everything comes out in the open, Hokuto is worried about Chiwa's strange behavior (since he doesn't know she felt guilty for reading the envelope nor he did know about the mother issue).  He had called out his senpai one night to a bar to discuss, to which the senpai asked whether Chiwa may be getting cold feet, since most couples do when planning the wedding.  Hokuto thinks that's ridiculous, since they've been husband and wife for so long.  He later bumps into Misaki in the same bar (it turns out that they used to go to this bar all the time in the past when they're still dating).  Reluctantly, he tells her about his problems, hoping to get a more convincing answer than the doctor gave.  She asks him whether it isn't because he's being overbearing, since he did make a snap decision about the wedding.  He's never asked Chiwa about it, and the only reason he even thought about it was because he wanted to see her in a wedding dress.  Plus, the fact that he only gave themselves one month to plan before the ceremony just further reinforces that Hokuto is egotistic and overbearing.  You know, I really think Misaki is a super interesting character now.  She has a lot of potential, a lot of depth.  I wish she could have been developed further in the manga...sigh...

So there comes all of this brooding and worrying and having petty fights.  He even calls off the wedding in one scene (which of course doesn't succeed because Chiwa has stronger guts than to let him push her around all the time).  Oh, btw, all of this was told from Hokuto's point of view!  I was pretty surprised by it actually, since it was about 70 pages as compared to the super short 5-10 pages in the last novel (not that I've finished reading or anything so there may still be a switch somewhere in there.)

Anyways, I'm almost done~ yayay.  As for the comments from the previous post...I really doubt I have the time to translate the novel.  Work is unkind, and now that I'm not in school anymore, things such as winter and spring and summer break don't exist.  That, and I'm studying for the JLPT test...

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with JLPT!!! It's pretty challenging, but I'm sure you'll do great at it. ^_^ Just watch out for listening, it's a killer (in my memory). ^^;;

    Ohh, but thanks for summarising this anyway, looks like you've convinced me to get the novel after all! Since I'm thinking of getting another adapted-from-manga novel for another series. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which test is that?? I don't know, I support you on that!!! Prepare yourself and you will do it, don't worry about it!
    That's good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy, you run such a fantastic portal, it was impossible not to comment on it! Also I would like to ask you one thing that I am curious of. Is this a premium theme that you can purchase online or you used a free one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks. But I've been neglecting this blog a lot...at least until new chapters get released online. As for the theme, it's free! I just changed the colors and the banner pic on top.

      Delete