Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Finished reading

I've never finished a Japanese book so fast in my life.  I admit it's probably because I have nothing else to do while I commute on the train for 2 hrs everyday...but gosh, I'm done!!!  And then I bought another novel called Kafu wo machiwabite by Harada Maha, lol.  (This one is actually a novel novel, not  one based off manga and the writing is supposed to be beautiful and it even won a prize in 2006!)

Anyways, getting off track.  I don't remember much of the details except that they did get happily married.  Chiwa's mother didn't attend the wedding though (I think she had something to do or something...but I can't imagine what's more important than attending your daughter's wedding).  The reason why she didn't wasn't clearly stated either.  Hokuto actually told Chiwa she was beautiful and that he has fallen all over in love with her again as she walked out in the wedding dress, which Chiwa hadn't expected (since in Hokuto's dictionary, "not bad" really means "it looks great").

There were no other naughty scenes in the book to my surprise.  I guess the first one made up for it by being super naughty.  And wow, I'm done!  I know I still have to get through the vacation one sooner or later...but I'm not sure if I want to take up Hapi Mari so soon again.  I'm not a great judge of writing styles in foreign languages...but this book was a bit mediocre.  I'm hoping the first novel is better of course...but I recently  just started a new book called The Dovekeepers...and then my other novel "March" by Geraldine Brooks has arrived.  So for now Hapi Mari will have to sit back on my shelf.

By the way, I still haven't gotten the scans for the new Enjouji Maki series yet.  I did go to the bookstore a few times but I couldn't see Petit anywhere.  Either it's not been shipped to our bookstore yet or everyone has reserved it and it's placed behind the counters...

No comments:

Post a Comment