Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hapi Mari: Chapter 37 update

Phew, just finished translating and proofread it and sent it to Minchi.  As always, a short spoiler for my readers who have been so nice and patient about updates.  For the same reasons mentioned on the last spoiler on chapter 36, I cannot post the entire summary (really more like a translation because I translate 99% of the text in the chapter every time) here.  I still believe it should be something that should be exclusive to Minchi's website because she's been so nice to provide me with the scans and save me a trip to the bookstore every month.  Lastly, please don't badger her with requests to post straight away.  She too has a busy life to tend to before updates, and I would appreciate it if you respected that too.  Will update with link to full summary later.  On with the spoiler then!


Chiwa takes a shallow knife wound in the arm for Hokuto and spills blood instead.  The disgruntled mugger runs away, having been unable to touch the real target.  Stunned, Hokuto holds onto Chiwa.  The events take him back to his mother’s accident and he drops to the floor with Chiwa.  They’re transported to the hospital later. 

The next day the police visits for a brief round of questions.  Chiwa has but taken a slight wound, and there doesn’t seem to be any negative prognostic symptoms, although she did have stitches.  After the detectives leave, Chiwa asks Hokuto what he would like to eat for lunch.  Since she was advised to rest at home, she suggests it’s probably better to take out delivery.  Hokuto doesn’t answer and spaces out, always back to his mother’s accident.  He blames himself for not being able to protect Chiwa, just like he wasn’t able to protect his mother.  Chiwa calls out once more.

“Hokuto!  I just want to say this.  Even if I’m injured now, I’ve never for once thought that it would have been better if he stabbed you.  I jumped out in front of you because I wanted to.  If I hadn’t, I would have blamed myself.  Anyways, let’s have lunch.  You have to go to work in the afternoon soon, right?”

Hokuto leans over Chiwa and takes her into his arms.

“I’ll never forgive myself, for letting you get injured by the likes of that guy.  I’ll never…”


To read more, please click here

6 comments:

  1. thank you for this exiting teaser, hehe, i realy like hapi mari, thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, Whisperpuppies, why are you so nice? :D (sends a tray of cookies and milk) Thanks for the teaser and have a relaxing weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your cookies and milk :D Haha, I'm not that nice. I do it for my Japanese to improve. Although I understand most things, I still need the dictionary occasionally.

      Delete
  3. THANKS so much whisperpuppiies you are the best!!!! not trying to get ahead I know we will get the happy ending we all want [ I hope ]. But how many chapter are left in this manga. I hope Hokuto can finish this quickly I so sad when he and Chiwa are apart, tears are coming out got to stop. Have a great day and THANKS ALOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for the summary, I like Hapi Mari, but the final chapter has depressed me.
    Going to be a long wait until the next summary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. soo depressing.. i was like hit by a huge wave by that information about hokuto.. and now their status.. ghad. too much to handle.. thankyou whisperpuppies for this awesome summary :)

    ReplyDelete