Tuesday, February 7, 2012

News: New series?

Not a novel update...but I just read that Enjouji Maki has a new series planned starting on the October issue of Petit Comic!  Which means Hapi Mari will probably end soon, up to chapter 42 if the author continues serializing it for each month.  Or up to chapter 40, if they're looking for a round number to each tankobon.  Personally I hope it continues to 42 because the art is so pretty, though the story is not as exciting as it was.  And that she'll just add some side stories to that last volume at the end.

I've already started translating the next part, but I want to try to go until the first illustration in the novel appears so that I can post that up here as well.  Also I haven't checked if Aerandria, the group currently scanlating the Hapi Mari, will post the extra two chapters that had appeared in Petit Comic Extra issues.  They're really short, I think like 4-5 pages each that weren't in the normal monthly issues but in the extra monthly issues (which are really thick).  They didn't appear in the normal tankobon, but they're at the back of my novel.  Maybe the publishers will include it in the future issues of the volumes?  Anyways, if Aerandria doesn't pick it up when the series is close to finishing, I'll post a short summary up here.  I can't do scanlations because I don't have the expertise to do typesetting, clearing the page, etc. etc. (All those people out there who do know are so awesome!)  I also don't debind books, so I can't give clean pretty scans either.  Anyways, they're shorts about Hokuto interacting with a cat and Chiwa interacting with a dog, your run-of-the-mill cute fluffy stuff.

I've been blabbing for too long...have to go back to translating~

-whisperpuppies  

5 comments:

  1. Well, I hope Hapi Mari won't end so soon.. This is one of my fave.. :)
    Btw, will you translate the novel bit by bit and post it here? Or translate the whole novel then post it? Anyway, you're soo great!! Thank u sooo much for your hard work~~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Whisperpuppies thanks for doing this Hapi Mari is also one of my favorite manga. If it is coming to end I hope it show the wedding and children of the best couple Chiwa and Hokuto!!! that would make my day. Here is ONE MORE BIG THANKS!!! Hope you have a great day and week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love hapi Mari.............whisperpuppies thank you for your hard work your so great!!! (^__________^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loved hapi mari! although i would like to know what happens in the end it makes me sad that it's gonna end soon! it's been a super fun journey everyone and thank you so much for translating this! :)
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww I hope it doesn't end! T_T Maybe she's just going to do two serializations at once? I know of a few authors that have more than one series going though usually the second one only gets one chapter every quarter year. ^^;; I hope that's what it is because I don't want Hapi Mari to end yet!!! I just got into and I love it so much! <3

    ReplyDelete