Thursday, March 14, 2013

When you feel like splurging on a fancy dinner...


Badass Sidecar Cocktail with Hennessy VSOP



 Roasted Beef Bone Marrow in Porcini Mushroom Madeira Sauce



Triple Chocolate Mousse with Earl Grey Ice Cream, Orange Ganache, Chocolate Almond Meal Cake

Hungry yet?  The rest of the menu actually contained Whiskey Laced Chicken Liver Pate (with date jam and warm toast), Seared Maple Leaf Duck Breast (with parmesan polenta, roasted baby root vegetables, spicy sauce), and Pan Roasted Chicken (with grilled fingerling potatoes, radicchio, spinach, garlic confit).

While I was editing this food blog post for my friend, I was so jealous...and hungry.  I'm usually not a fan of American food, which is why I've always just let it pass by while I walk from campus to the Bart station during my college years.  But now that I know their menu (which changes daily by the way), I think I want to go.  I don't have anyone special (as in of the opposite sex) to go with, but I think it'll be a nice spot to dine with my family.  So I've marked Wood Tavern down already!  It's in a super nice part of the city despite the address saying it's in Oakland.  I've always just assumed it was in Berkeley since it was on College Avenue and so close to campus.  Totally recommend it for that special date though~

If you're curious about the restaurant, click here to read the review!

I'll let you know my thoughts on it as well after I go try it, hehe.  Dear Brother still hasn't come out yet...how I wish the Chinese groups will translate faster!  I'm all anxious about the relationship between the two...and without anything interesting to read, I've went back to re-read Yoru Cafe, another one of Enjouji Maki sensei's works.  It's quite interesting, and since it's so short, faster paced.

No comments:

Post a Comment