Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hapi Mari Chapter 40 Spoiler


I've JUST gotten the raws and read the first few pages (which is here).  Since this is the last chapter, I'm going to do an exact translation, so there really isn't any summarizing per say.  The italics are Chiwa's thoughts, and the rest are translated as usual.  I have only skimmed the chapter by quickly flipping through the pages, so I haven't really read it.  There is a wedding, a lot of silly fights and arguments, but no baby.  I think the fights are a little excessive and forced, almost turning it into a gag ending, but I'll have to actually read the speech bubbles before drawing my conclusion.  Since I haven't fully translated it yet, Minchi will NOT have the summary and will be UNABLE to post it on bxsmanga.  I have to go to a friend's graduation tomorrow, so I won't be able to get to the rest of it until Sunday.  So please no badgering her for updates!  I'll let you guys know when I've finished translating.  Have fun reading~

“Enough!!  I’m for sure not sleeping with you tonight!!” Chiwa says in defiance.

“You’ll probably be lonely…” Hokuto cheekily comments.

“I won’t!  Definitely won’t!!” Chiwa puffs.

Hello.  After Hokuto pulled out from the Mamiya registry and we’ve remarried, I became Miura Chiwa.  The flat we’ve been living in has been sold off after the divorce, so Hokuto and I are presently living at my house...but we’ve been fighting every day. 

“Why?!  Why didn’t you consult with me before buying it??  This is the umpteenth time!” Chiwa complains.

“Oh shut up.  Why do I need to report back to you for every single thing I buy.  I told you I’m not used to sleeping in a futon,” Hokuto retorts.

“But you didn’t have to go and buy a double king-sized bed.  It doesn’t even fit in the room!!” Chiwa argues back.

“You too said you liked wide beds in the past.  It’s useful for doing stuff,” Hokuto comments.

“That’s not the point!  You just don’t get it!  I’m going to sleep somewhere else tonight!” Chiwa replies, flustered and shocked by his comment.

“What?  You were serious?  Where are you going to sleep?”

“Anywhere will do!  If I sleep with you…” Chiwa drifts off as she remembers the last time she slept with him.

Hokuto was teasing her during foreplay when Chiwa asked him to hurry.  As he licked off his fingers, Hokuto coldly said, “If you apologize, I’ll continue.”

“Eh?”

“If you apologize for what you did during the afternoon, I’ll continue.”

“What…!  You were at fault.  I was just…”

“I see.  Then let’s end here.  Goodni -- ”

“Wait…Fine, I got it, I got it!  I’m sorry!  I’m sorry!! So just…” Chiwa said impatiently.

After the flashback, Chiwa says, “It’s because you always do things like that that we never settle things!  You do that every time after we fight!!”

“Well you were the one to apologize…”

“What are you going on about when you’re the one coming on to me!!  Anyways, I’m not settling until you apologize this time.”

“Hmm…says the woman who can’t sleep without me,” Hokuto insolently comments.

Clenching her fists, Chiwa grits out, “I…may not be able to live without you, but I can sure as hell live on without having sex with you!!”

Shocked by her outburst, Hokuto is rendered speechless as Chiwa runs away from him.

As Chiwa soaks in the bath, she thinks, “Why did it turn out like this?  Hokuto has been through a lot.  He lost both his parents and even had to change his name.  I should have been kinder to him.  Am I that shallow-minded?  I know if one looks in from the outside, these are just small things.  But…he’s the egocentric one who’s always calling all the shots.  And there I was thinking that if we put the past behind us, we’ll be able to live together peacefully.  It wasn’t supposed to be like this, me having to always hold back.  We may love each other, but I wonder if our personalities are just fundamentally incompatible…”  


To read the rest, please click here

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the full translation on this! I can't believe this is the last chapter of my favorite manga! *Cue the crying*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I can't wait for the full translation. (Lucy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds to me like a lovers spats, I'm so excited can't wait!!!! Thanks whisper puppies looks like this is going to be a good ending. You have a have a great day and week and I'll be waiting as calmly as i can HA!! HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't wait for the full chapter :D but really why does it have to be the last chapter :(( what am i gonna do without hapi mari :'(((

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you whisper, you have a great time, I am going to take some tranquilizer until you arrive LOL...are you back yet? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks a million for this little titbit. looking forward to the rest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for the spoiler, so excited waiting for the final chapter, but fights Chiwa hokuto and I left a bittersweet taste, but can have a big finish.
    I have fun at graduation, we will wait patiently for the summary. A very affectionate greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. petty fights :) that's part of it. it spices the relationship to avoid the boredom of it. haha! I am clapping my hands for Chiwa when she made Hokuto speechless. Good argument! Of course there are times that they are not on the same page, because of different lifestyle backgrounds, that doesn't mean they don't love each other :) Chiwa should erase negative thoughts about their relationship.

    Thank you Whisperpuppies! Despite of your busy private life you were able to provide us with a good teaser! a million thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. kyaaaaa, finally ending,oh my god,huhuhuhuhu, curious, but any way, thank you very much (riri)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wahh!!!! Eventhough the manga is ending but still in petty fights~
    Can't get enough of it and I still love there silly lovey-dovey (that's how I view their childish fights~ hahaha).... Hokuto - you're my ideal man!

    I'm soooo excited~
    I want to know the ending so badly but anyways, thank you very much for this sneak peek!
    I really appreciate it! I can't say enough on how grateful I am~ Arigatou gozaimasu!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wHISPER PUPPIES I was just on bxsmanga and wrote a thank you to Minchi. I would also like to give you a BIG THANKS I really looked forward to all the updates on Harpi Mari from the beginning to the end. I'm kind of sad that its over but i love this story. THANKS SO MUCH YOU REALLY MADE MY DAYS WITH YOUR UPDATES!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete