Sunday, November 18, 2012

Dear Brother Chapter 2 Summary


So I’ve been checking almost daily to see if the second chapter of Dear Brother has been released in Chinese scans yet…and after a prompting from Minchi today, checked again.  And the good news is they’ve finally released it!  So I’m able to provide a detailed summary.  Here goes nothing!

Momo wakes up in the morning, reflecting on what has happened so far regarding her brothers and the exposure of her fiancé as a fake swindler.  As Momo changes, Gin (her oldest brother) opens the door on her to inform her that breakfast is ready.

“What you’re awake already?  I thought you were still lazing around in your bed,” he says exasperatedly, completely oblivious to the fact that Momo is half-naked.

“How many times have I told you to knock before you enter my room, Gin-niichan?” Momo yells as she hits him.

“Wah…don’t throw the alarm clock!  The clock…”

Momo goes off to shower, silently reprimanding her eldest brother.  They’re hardly kids anymore, and it’s inappropriate.  Of course, this is when Aoba (the youngest brother) opens the door on her thinking that Gin was inside.  Naturally she throws a bucket of water on him.  As for Sougo (the middle brother Hokuto lookalike), he had declined to move in.  Gin and Aoba reasoned that while they were worried for her at first, they wanted to move in so they could repair their sibling relationship.  Momo naturally couldn’t decline with such a reason, and so Aoba and Gin decided to settle it with rock-paper-scissors.  Remembering that Sougo had taught her to do paper first in order to win, Momo puts paper…except Gin and Aoba uses scissors.  The two are overjoyed that they had won and that Momo was so naïve while Sougo just observed remotely.

Anyways, a few days have passed where Momo continually bullied her brothers (probably for walking in on her).  Gin and Aoba comically complain to their mother in front of the altar.

“Can’t we use another method to ‘repair’ our relationship?” Momo sighs.




“Why do you have to be so shy?  The 4 of us used to sleep together in the shape of the kawa character (), and I used to help you and Aoba bathe,” Gin says.

“How old do you think I am?  I’m 23 now!!  I’m not a kid anymore!” Momo says as she grabs her bag ready to leave for work.

At lunchtime, as Momo moves to sit at a table in the cafeteria, the others get up and distance themselves away from her.  It turns out that her disgruntled fiancé had spread nasty rumors about her to get revenge, painting her as a cheater.  She sits down quietly when Sougo suddenly appears in front of her.  She’s shocked, but he tells her that he’s the consulting lawyer for the company, and that he’s been the company’s lawyer since half a year ago.  Flustered, she gets up to leave, but Sougo tells her to meet him on the rooftop. 

They make polite small talk on the rooftop before Sougo asks whether she wants to sue her fiancé.

“It’s his doing, isn’t it?  Both the reason why rumors are flying around and why people take off when they see you.  You know you can sue him for defamation, right?” Sougo comments.

“Wah, you’re really sharp, but you don’t need to do that for me,” Momo declines.

“He’s really the typical bastard,” Sougo says.

“…Are you trying to call me an idiot for going out with that bastard?” she asks.    

“You’re quite sharp too,” Sougo replies.

Momo leaves him, saying she has already cheered up.  At home, Aoba and Gin are still pestering her like little kids to sleep together at night, and the rumors haven’t stopped circulating at work.

The next day, a coworker goes up to her in the bathroom and asks, “Komatsu-san, honestly, are you the type to go after just any man who has status regardless of what happens?”

“Eh?”

“I saw you yesterday afternoon.  The lawyer must be the guy you cheated with.  You’re the type to cast webs on men just to reserve open options for yourself.  You laid hands on your previous fiancé because he was the relative of the upper administrative staff of the company, right?  But you should really hold back from doing such wicked things.  I feel sorry for the lawyer who fell for your tricks.”

Unable to take anymore, Momo grabs her hard on the shoulder.

“W-what?” the coworker asks.  “Angry you’ve been exposed and want to take it out on me?”

“Please take back what you said,” Momo says.

Momo returns home early that day.

“What do you want to eat?  I was just about to go grocery shopping,” Gin says.

“My pudding…” Momo says seeing her empty pudding cup.

“Ah, sorry, I’ll buy you a new one,” says Gin.

“Ah, welcome home.  I was going to ask you to buy some mango flavoured ones too…” Aoba says.


Exasperated by the day’s events, Momo erupts, “What do you think you two are doing?  You’ve only said a bunch of things like they were good for me, playing brother-and-sister.  But isn’t this all a farce for yourselves?  I’ve had enough of you two!  Get out!  Leave me alone!  LEAVE ME ALONE!”

She collapses to the floor after the two leave.

“It’s so quiet,” Momo thinks.

She reflects on what happened at the company earlier.  It turns out that her superior had told her to reflect on her actions, since she displayed violence towards a coworker.  Momo defended that she had only grabbed her shoulders, but her superior continued that since she has recently dissolved her engagement to another coworker, isn’t this a sign that she has trouble getting along with people?  Momo thinks, “I don’t regret what I’ve done.  But what should I do from now on?  Anxiety is now closing in on me once it’s silent in the house.  I’ve always wanted someone to rescue me.”  She thinks back to laughing and joking with her brothers.  “If I had continued like that, I wouldn’t have to think.  But instead I pushed them away.  I have always hated being alone.”

 The door rings, and Momo springs up thinking that Aoba and Gin have come back, though Sougo appears instead.

“Where has Gin gone?” Sougo asks in the kitchen.

“Ah, he had something to do.  I’ll make you something, please sit.  Coffee or tea?” Momo asks.

“Momo, I’ve heard what happened at the company.”

“Is that so?  I can’t hide anything away from you.”

“Why did you do something like that?”

“…something made me angry, it’s not a big deal.  Coffee or tea?”

“Momo.  I don’t think you would do something like that without reason.  What happened?”

“Why are you so sure about this?  It has nothing to do with Sougo-niichan, right?  Really, nothing has happened.”

“Momo!”

“The blood just rushed to my head.”

“Hey, Momo!!  Stop this right now…” Sougo grabs her and spins her around to find her crying.

“I can’t…”

“Huh?  I’m your brother.”

“I know!”

“Then why don’t you ask for my help like you did in the past?”

“Even Sougo-niichan is speaking like them!  We can’t go back to the way we were, we’re adults now!  We’ve been separated for 15 years.  It’s not possible for us to go back to the sibling relationship we had.  I’ve even forgotten how to be spoiled by you.  I can’t…”

“Then I shall ask the other person what happened,” Sougo says.

“Don’t!  That’s taking it too far.  Why are you doing this?”

“Because you’re not acting normal,” Sougo says.

“It’s because she insulted Sougo-niichan!!” Momo cries.  “She insulted Sougo-niichan!  I couldn’t forgive the fact that she compared you to Sakaki (her fiancé).  I didn’t want you to know…”


Sougo pulls Momo towards him.  “Honestly you’re still as stubborn as you were in the past.  I agree that 15 years has been too long.  I’ve also forgotten how best to love you.  But even then, you’re still my younger sister.  This is a fact that won’t change no matter how long we’ve been separated.”
“I…I…I took it out on Gin-niichan and Aoba,” Momo says.

“…after I call them, I’ll go with you to apologize.”

“…But they may still be angry.  I think it’s better to…”

“I’m not sure about that.  But even then, I’ll continue to protect you.  Don’t think anymore.  Just go to sleep.  I’ll stay by your side.”

That night Momo dreamed of something that she would have forgotten about if Sougo wasn’t there.  Fifteen years ago, the four of them went to a summer festival, and Aoba had dropped something down a hill.  Being the older sister, Momo had gone down to retrieve it for him, slipping down and fainting as a result.  When she woke up, there were a lot of adults surrounding her, as well as Aoba and Sougo crying frantically.

“Hey Momo, wake up!” Aoba calls.

“The ambulance came.  Momo!  Thank goodness!!  Idiot!!  Why did you have to do something so dangerous?  Didn’t I tell you that all you had to do was tell me, and I would do everything for you?  It’s because you’re my sister!” a young Sougo had said.

Momo thinks, “Sougo-niichan had probably forgotten about this already.  If I hadn’t met him again, I probably would have forgotten too.  Even though it was such a little thing, to me, it was my first love.  Nii-chan.”


Gin and Aoba creeps back into the house, wondering who the men’s shoes belong to at the entrance.  Freaking out that she already has a new boyfriend, they rush down the hallway to find Sougo and Momo sleeping together, holding hands.  Which naturally makes them jealous of course, since they’ve been wanting to sleep with her ever since they moved in.

When Momo wakes up the next morning, she finds that the two decided to sleep with her and cuddle 
too.

PHEW!  End of chapter.  I’ve decided to litter my posts with the scans, but here’s the link to them if 
you want to read them in Chinese or if you just feel like browsing the pictures.  I hope you've enjoyed reading this post!

1 comment:

  1. Wah~ Thanks for the summary...

    I'm starting to like the story because it's more on the family relationship...but - I wonder what will be the twist for these 4 people especially between Momo and Sougo~ I can't wait...HAHAHA...

    By the way, I like the last pic wherein Momo and Sougo are sleeping together and holding hands!!! KYAAAAHHHH!!!!

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

    ReplyDelete